São Francisco, Califórnia
Londres, Reino Unido
Detalhes do evento
Real World SSIS: A Survival Guide
Moving and transforming data can be a difficult job. Connecting to various endpoints, applying complex transformations, performing validation checks, creating an appropriate audit trail, and other tasks can make the ETL developer feel like he/she is spinning plates. Even with powerful tools such SQL Server Integration Services, designing and maintaining a proper and well-performing extraction/transformation/loading (ETL) infrastructure is a significant undertaking.
In this full-day preconference seminar, we'll explore some common (and a few uncommon) challenges facing ETL developers, followed by practical solutions and recommended practices from the field using SQL Server Integration Services. Presented by business intelligence consultant and SQL Server MVP Tim Mitchell, this preconference seminar brings together his 10 years of professional data management experience into 7+ hours of condensed real-world approaches to ETL challenges. Though we'll spend some time covering the academic portion of the concepts presented, most of our time will be spent in demos to give you more than just a theoretical exploration of these methods.
The following is a partial list of the topics we'll cover:
- Data cleansing using SSIS, T-SQL, and DQS
- More than just a green box: validating the results
- Managing variables, parameters, expressions, and scripts
- Handling warnings, errors, and other bad stuff
- Identifying and resolving performance bottlenecks
- Defining and maintaining an ETL framework
- Evaluating the new features of SSIS 2012
- Choosing and using the right package deployment model
- Automating SSIS development with Biml
- When SSIS might *not* be the best choice
Attendee information:This preconference seminar is ideal for those with beginner to intermediate skills in ETL. The ideal attendee will have some exposure to SQL Server Integration Services along with a general understanding of its purpose.
A group discount (20%) for every 5 registrations is available, so if you want to bring along your whole team – contact us to know the details!
Quando e onde
Tuga Association is a non-profit association which is dedicated to knowledge promotion.